Location tracking on your smartphone might be a harmful thing for your personal details and information. It tracks down your location and sends it to unknown sources. We don’t know whether our personal data is being used by someone or not. Many people think that it is convenient when your smartphone tells you about the nearby restaurants as well as gas stations near you. On the other hand, there are individuals who don’t want this to happen.
To prevent this, we need to stop location tracking on our smartphones in order to keep our private and confidential information.
How to stop Google tracking via a smartphone:
Everyone knows that Google tracks your location and movements via its Google Maps app. Many people don’t realize that their Android is tracking their movement and activities through built-in apps that they get on their smartphones.
If you want to stop Google from tracking you, below are the steps that you should follow in order to prevent the tracking:
- Go to ‘Location History’ section in your Google Account
- Choose from your account or your devices
- If you want to turn off your account and all devices: you will see at the top, turn the ‘Location History’ off.
- If you want to turn it on for an individual device, you will find it under ‘this device’ or ‘devices on this account’, then turn it off.
Turning this option off will have an effect on many apps, including ride-share apps, weather apps, and mapping apps. It will make them less usable. You won’t be able to access many features and options in these apps after turning off the location.
How to stop Google tracking via a browser:
To stop the Google from tracking you and saving your data, here are some tips that you should follow in your browser to prevent tracking:
- Head to https://myactivity.google.com/
- Under the ‘My Google Activity’, you will see the buttons for three types of activity: Web & App Activity, Location History, and YouTube History. You can click on the buttons and visit each individually.
- For a more efficient way, you can go to Activity Controls, which can be found in the left-hand menu. On this page, it will put all three controls on the same page. Also, you can control ad personalization.
- ‘Web & App Activity’ covers almost everything you have done on Google apps and services. You can turn off the tracking completely. It will stop everything, including saving your history or activity.
- ‘Location History’ saves the locations where you have gone with your device. Turning it off will stop tracking down your location.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Muhammad Asjad Khan is an author at Technochops with 6 years experience at SEO content writing. Your Go-to-guide to writing exceptionally good content and bringing interesting information to readers.